After the news reporting based on BJP’s allegation about data sharing by the “with INC” app, the social media head of the Congress party tweeted saying that the app shall not be functioning for a while.
Divya Spandana, the social media head of the Congress party mentioned in twitter that the URL for membership on the INC app shall not function for a while at present. She further mentioned that the membership is through the INC website which is not difficult to understand. There had already been a tweet war between the Congress president Rahul Gandhi and BJP when the news became viral that the Congress deleted its official mobile app.
The whole turmoil occurred after an anonymous hacker named Elliot Alderson tweeted early today, alleging that Congress is sharing the users’ personal data with Singapore. Later he reportedly said that the party might have got scared when he said he will look into their app.
BJP made their first attack for the day alleging that the data of the users of the Congress party’s website are being shared with Singapore through a tweet by Amit Malviya, the information technology head of BJP with a screenshot of unexplained numbers and IP addresses. In consequence to that, Rahul Gandhi tweeted with hashtag #DeleteNamoApp alleging that Namo App records audio, video, contacts and location of the users secretly like it is done in the TV show named Bigg Boss. He also claimed that 13 lakh NCC cadets have been forced to download the App because he wants their data now.
What to do to get your data secured?
- First of all, data are vulnerable in today's’ world, thus one needs to be very careful while sharing the personal data with an app.
- Check the authenticity of the app, if it is verified by any of the trusted authority, then only proceed to download it.
- Read the terms and conditions of the app carefully.
- Share that much data as much as required. Do not share extra which are not mandatory.
- Do not hesitate to crosscheck if the app asks for any of your data, which you are being suspicious about.
- In case you have some evidence that there has been a data theft, approach the nearest cyber cell as soon as possible.
At MyAdvo we have a mission of making legal simple. MyAdvo acts as Client's legal concierge providing technology solutions for Lawyer Discovery, Price Discovery and Case updates. We at MyAdvo has a network of 10,000+ advocates across the 600+ districts and has served 2700+ individuals and 100+ corporates for their diversified legal needs and requirements. You can consult a lawyer online, ask a legal question from them and find the best lawyers online.
Follow MyAdvo for daily legal news and top legal updates.