Earlier this week Facebook provided with certain privacy policies to protect users by restricting apps from accessing user data. Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of the company is deliberately on its way to secure the user’s data, and the major steps for that involve -
- It is bringing changes to Events API, Groups API, and Pages API. All the third party apps using groups API needs approval and the admin has to ensure the benefit of such for the group
- It is tightening its review process and only approve an app that requests access to information such as check-ins, likes, photos, posts, videos, events and groups after the app meets certain requirements.
- Facebook will be disabling the access through the phone number and email id feature and will also make changes to account recovery to reduce the risk of scraping.
- It will remove apps which is not in use anymore.
- Facebook is going to be more transparent to with its users and provide more information.
Though Facebook is desperately on its way to secure the user’s data, there are certain ways by which you can secure your data yourself:
- Use anti-virus
- Do not click on any suspicious app or link, be careful even with those apps and links which are just for fun
- For different sites, use different passwords.
- Block any person or invitation if it seems suspicious
- Don’t bank on public wifi
- Use two-step verification
- Keep the privacy setting as such that only those persons can see the data whom you want to
- Do not store your card and account detail on websites. Even if still you feel your account or card is being misused, block it with the help of the bank and lodge a GD to the police.
- If you feel that your account has been hacked or someone is misusing your data, do not hesitate to approach the cyber cell nearest to you, or atleast seek the help of the police.
At MyAdvo we have a mission of making legal simple. MyAdvo acts as Client's legal concierge providing technology solutions for Lawyer Discovery, Price Discovery and Case updates. We at MyAdvo has a network of 10,000+ advocates across the 600+ districts and has served 2700+ individuals and 100+ corporates for their diversified legal needs and requirements. You can consult a lawyer online, ask a legal question from them and find the best lawyers online.
Follow MyAdvo for daily legal news and top legal updates.