Select Location
Home/Category/Restitution Conjugal Rights/

An essential element of successful marriage is cohabitation with the spouse. If your spouse has left the matrimonial house without any reasonable justification, you can file a case in court for ‘restitution of conjugal rights. After perusal of your application and evidences presented before it, the Court will order your spouse to resume cohabitation with you.

MyAdvo will help draft and file the petition for you through an expert family law lawyer and will manage the case lifecycle.

Steps involved in a Suit for Restitution of Conjugal Rights

Before your Payment

After your Payment


Once you send in a request, our representative will get in touch with you to understand your requirements.


A checklist of documents and will be provided to you. You will be required to send clear scanned copies of documents for verification by a lawyer.

Petition Drafting

The lawyer will draft and share petition for your review and approval.

Sending Petition Copy

Once you approve the draft, you will have to print the petition on legal size paper and send signed copy to us along with required documents.

Petition Filing

Upon receipt of the signed copy, the lawyer will file the Petition in Court.

First Hearing

The lawyer will present preliminary arguments before the court and get the petition admitted.


The opposite party will file its reply.


The court will refer the matter for counselling wherein the counsellor will mediate between the parties to come to an amicable solution.

Hearing and Arguments

In case the counselling fails, the Court will conduct hearings in the matter and examine the evidence presented before it. MyAdvo will keep you updated on the status of your case.


The Court will pass its order for Restitution of Conjugal rights.

MyAdvo Assurance
100% Refund Policy
‘No questions asked’
Verified Lawyers
All the lawyers are thoroughly vetted with valid Bar Council ID
Fixed Quotes
No price-hassles later
Dedicated Case Manager
A personally-assigned Case Manager for timely updates of your case proceedings
100% Confidentiality
Your personal details are kept absolutely confidential

Required Documents

  • Photographs of the wedding

  • Proof of residence and identity proofs

  • Signed Vakalatnama

  • Any evidence showing prior attempts of reconciliation

  • Any other relevant document

Frequently Asked Questions

You need to select a city to view lawyers.