Select Location
Home/Category/Judicial Separation/

If you have a troubled marriage but do not want to  divorce your spouse, you can file a case for judicial separation. You can live separately from your spouse without ending the marriage by obtaining the court’s order.

MyAdvo will help draft and file the petition for you through an expert family law lawyer and will manage the case lifecycle.

Steps involved in a Suit for Judicial Separation

Before your Payment

After your Payment


Once you send in a request, our representative will get in touch with you to understand your requirements.


A checklist of documents will be provided to record your details. You will be required to send clear scanned copies of documents pertaining to the marriage for verification by a lawyer.

Petition Drafting

The lawyer will draft and share petition with you for review and approval.

Sending Petition Copy

Once you approve the draft, you will have to print the petition on legal size paper and send signed copy to us along with required documents.

Petition Filing

Upon receipt of the signed copy, the lawyer will file the Petition in Court.

First Hearing

The lawyer will present preliminary arguments before the court to get the petition admitted.


The Court will send the notice to the opposite party to file its reply.


After perusing the reply, if required, the lawyer will draft and file a rejoinder.

Hearing and Arguments

The Court will conduct hearings in the matter and examine the evidence and documents presented before it. MyAdvo will keep you updated on the status of your case.


The Court will pass its order for judicial separation.

MyAdvo Assurance
100% Refund Policy
‘No questions asked’
Verified Lawyers
All the lawyers are thoroughly vetted with valid Bar Council ID
Fixed Quotes
No price-hassles later
Dedicated Case Manager
A personally-assigned Case Manager for timely updates of your case proceedings
100% Confidentiality
Your personal details are kept absolutely confidential

Required Documents

  • Photographs of the wedding

  • Residential Proof of both husband and wife (photocopy of any one of the following - Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Passport, Ration Card, Driving License, Lease Deed/Rent Deed)

  • Identity Document of both husband and wife [photocopy of any one of the following - Aadhaar Card, Any Govt. recognised document, Driving License, NFS Ration Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID Card (front and back side)]

  • Signed Vakalatnama

  • Any document showing previous attempts of reconciliation

  • Any other relevant document

Frequently Asked Questions

You need to select a city to view lawyers.