Select Location
Home/Category/Gift Deed/

Gift Deed


The property or asset owner can transfer ownership to any related or unrelated person without any financial payment through a gift deed. MyAdvo will help you draft and register the gift deed through an expert lawyer.


Requirements to draft the Gift Deed

  • Date and place where the deed is documented
  • Donor's details (name, date of birth, father's name and address)
  • Donee details (name, father's name, date of birth and address)
  • Relationship of donor and donee
  • Reason for gifting the property
  • Description of property being gifted

Steps involved in transfer of property by way of Gift Deed

Drafting of Gift Deed

The lawyer will understand the requirements, verify documents related to your property and draft a Gift Deed for your review, within 3 working days.

Stamp duty and registration charges

The lawyer will pay the stamp duty and registration fees, which will differ as per the value of property being gifted and the state in which gift deed is being registered.

Appointment with the Registrar

The lawyer will take an appointment with the Sub-Registrar for a date convenient to you.

Registration of Gift Deed

On the date fixed, the donor and the donee along with two witnesses will have to present themselves at office of the Sub-Registrar to sign the Gift Deed and get it registered.

Required Documents

  • Identity Proofs of: donor, donee and two witnesses (photocopy of any one of the following will suffice - Voter ID card, passport, driving license, aadhar card, PAN card)
  • Photocopy of ownership document of the property being gifted. 

Why MyAdvo?

Pool of expert property lawyers who have experience in drafting and registration of Gift Deeds

Dedicated case manager to provide you with timely updates

Payment is fixed in the beginning and you are not hassled by the lawyer

Dedicated portal to manage your case documents and communicating directly with the lawyer

Hire a Lawyer

You need to select a city to view lawyers.

Book a service

Property Due Diligence to Minimize Risks

3 reviews

Legal Heir Certificate

3 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions