Select Location
Home/Category/Faulty Product Service/

Faulty Product / Service


If you have bought a product or availed a service and it has not met your expectation or has turned out to be defective, you can file a complaint in the consumer court against the seller or manufacturer, as the case may be. MyAdvo will help you file the consumer complaint in the appropriate forum through an expert consumer lawyer.


Before filing a Consumer complaint, sending a legal notice to the seller/ manufacturer acts as a final warning to resolve the issue. In case the dispute is still not resolved, you should then file a Consumer Complaint. To send a legal notice first, click here.

Steps involved in filing a Consumer complaint/case

Document Verification

You will be required to send scanned copies of documents pertaining to purchase of faulty product/ service for verification by a lawyer.

Complaint Drafting

The complaint will be drafted and shared with you for review and approval within 4 working days of receiving the documents.

Filing of Complaint

The complaint will be filed before the consumer court within 3 working days of approval of the draft.

Admission Hearing

The lawyer will make preliminary arguments before the court and get the complaint admitted.


The seller/ manufacturer, as the case may be, will file a reply to your complaint.

Hearing and arguments

The consumer court will conduct hearings in the matter. MyAdvo will keep you updated on the status of your case.


The consumer court will deliver judgment in the matter.

Required Documents

  • Original invoice/ bill for purchase of product/ service
  • Proof of defect in the product/ service
  • All communications in forms of letters or emails sent to the seller/ manufacturer
  • Any other document related to the product/ service
Download Sample Files

Why MyAdvo?

Pool of expert consumer lawyers who have experience in dealing with consumer cases
Step-by-step update through the case lifecycle
A-Z guarantee which covers cost of changing the lawyer in the rare case of any concern
Dedicated portal to manage your case documents and communicating directly with the lawyer
Payment is fixed in the beginning and you are not hassled later

Hire a Lawyer

You need to select a city to view lawyers.

Book a service

Frequently Asked Questions