Select Location
Home/Category/Eviction Tenant/

Eviction Suit


In case you want your tenant to vacate the rented/ leased premises and they forcefully continue to stay in possession of the property, you can file a civil case for their eviction. MyAdvo will help you file a civil case to get back the possession of your property through an expert civil lawyer and will manage the case lifecycle.

Before filing the case, sending a legal notice to the tenant acts as a final warning. In case the tenant still does not vacate the premises, you should then file the case for eviction of the tenant. To send a legal notice, please click here.

Steps involved in Suit for Eviction against Tenant


Once you send in a request, our representative will get in touch with you to understand your requirements.

Documents and Questionnaire

A checklist of documents and a questionnaire will be provided to record your details.

Document Verification

You will be required to send clear scanned copies of documents pertaining to the property for verification by a lawyer.

Petition Drafting

The petition will be drafted and shared with you for review and approval within 7 days of receiving the documents.

Signed Draft

You are required to print the draft on legal size paper, sign and send it to us via courier/ post.

Filing of Case

The case will be filed before the relevant civil court within 3 days of signing of draft.

First Hearing

The lawyer will present preliminary arguments before the court.


Upon presentation of arguments by the lawyer, the Court will ask the opposite party to file its reply.

Hearing and arguments

The court will conduct hearings in the matter and examine the evidence presented before it. MyAdvo will keep you updated on the status of your case.


The court will deliver judgment in the matter.

Required Documents

  • Sale Deed/ Title Deed/ Any other document establishing ownership of the Landlord over the property
  • Lease or Rent Agreement between Landlord and Tenant
  • Previous lease or rent agreements between Landlord and previous tenants
  • Legal notice sent to the Tenant
  • Original postal receipts
  • Any other document related to tenancy 
  • Any document providing proof of misconduct by the Tenant

Why MyAdvo?

Pool of expert lawyers who have experience in dealing with matters related to wrongful possession of property

Step-by-step update through the case lifecycle

A-Z guarantee which covers cost of changing the lawyer in the rare case of any concern

Dedicated portal to manage your case documents and communicating directly with the lawyer

Payment is fixed in the beginning and you are not hassled later

Hire a Lawyer

You need to select a city to view lawyers.

Book a service

Property Due Diligence to Minimize Risks

3 reviews

Legal Heir Certificate

3 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions