Select Location
Home/Category/Annulment Marriage/

Annulment of Marriage



In case a marriage is not solemnized as per the laws governing marriage, one can file a suit for annulment of marriage. Such suits may be filed only when the marriage is void (invalid) or voidable (invalid but for fulfilment of a condition). At MyAdvo, we will help you find an expert civil lawyer and will help manage the case lifecycle.

Steps involved in a Suit for Annulment of Marriage


Once you send in a request, our representative will get in touch with you to understand your requirements.

Document Verification

You will be required to send clear scanned copies of documents pertaining to the marriage for verification by a lawyer.

Petition Drafting

The petition will be drafted and shared with you for review and approval within 7 days of receiving the documents.

Filing of Suit

The petition will be filed before the relevant civil court within 3 days of receiving the signed draft.

First Hearing

The lawyer will present preliminary arguments before the court to explain the matter to the judge and get the petition admitted.


Upon presentation of arguments by the lawyer, the Court will ask the opposite party to file its reply.

Hearing ad Arguements

The court will conduct hearings in the matter and examine the evidence presented before it. MyAdvo will keep you updated on the status of your case.


The court will deliver judgment in the matter.

Required Documents

  • Address proof of you and your partner (photocopy of any of the following documents will suffice: passport, voter id card, aadhar card, driving license)

  • Marriage certificate

  • Photographs of the marriage ceremony

  • Proofs showing irregularity in marriage

  • Proof of date of birth  of each partner (photocopy of any of the following documents will suffice: passport, voter id card, aadhar card, driving license, class 10 passing certificate)

Why MyAdvo?

Pool of expert lawyers who have experience in dealing in matrimonial cases
Step-by-step update through the case lifecycle
A-Z guarantee which covers cost of changing the lawyer in the rare case of any concern
Dedicated portal to manage your case documents and communicating directly with the lawyer
Payment is fixed in the beginning and you are not hassled later

Hire a Lawyer

You need to select a city to view lawyers.

Book a service

Financial Advisory - Divorce

3 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions